Do you suffer from chipped, irregular and discoloured teeth? If your answer is yes there is nothing to worry about! Dental veneers offer the most magical solution to overcome the hurdles.
Veneers for the teeth come in varieties. In the ongoing times three types of veneer are very popular in the UK. These include the following –
- Porcelain and
- Removable veneers
Now let us discuss each of these varieties separately across the following sections of the blog post.
Porcelain dental veneers
This range of dental veneers offers some great advantages.
- First of all porcelain veneers are easily long lasting.
- Moreover it perfectly matches with the natural colour of our teeth.
Thus dentists rely on fine porcelain veneers to make your smile absolutely flawless. It also makes your smile more natural than it actually is.
But if you think the advantages that porcelain veneers offer sum up to those mentioned above then you are badly mistaken. The range of veneers offers more benefits than you can imagine.
Reasons to choose porcelain veneers for the teeth
- Porcelain veneers equate to value for money. It lasts much longer than composite veneers. It easily lasts anywhere between 10 and 20 years provided quality dental work was done by the dentist. It is also necessary to take minimal care and maintenance of porcelain teeth veneers to make those last that longer.
- Porcelain veneers are good resistant to stains. It does not pick up stains easily.
- Porcelain itself is translucent. As a result it is easy to match the veneer with the natural colour of your tooth.
- Compared to other cosmetic dentistry treatments porcelain veneer is much easier to afford. The cost of the treatment ranges between £400 and £1,000 per tooth.
Composite dental veneers
Composite veneers are usually temporary solutions or stopgap veneers that people opt for before switching over to more permanent or durable solutions.
Why people choose composite veneers over porcelain counterpart
A dentist supplies veneers at affordable cost in the UK over the years. The expert identifies the following factors because of which people choose the stopgap solution for their teeth in form of composite veneers.
- Composite veneers are much more reasonably priced compared to their porcelain counterparts.
- With a little care and maintenance the range of veneers easily lasts up to 5 years.
- The procedure of fixing composite veneers, unlike that of porcelain ones, is not invasive. It does not involve any irreversible damage to the teeth, like scrapping away a portion of the tooth enamel that is done while fixing porcelain veneers.
- The procedure is completely reversible and proves ideal for both chipped and discoloured teeth.
It is relevant mentioning in the ongoing context that composite veneers treatment for each tooth usually ranges within £100 to £400. Compared to porcelain veneers the results of composite counterparts are little less convincing but that difference to absolutely marginal and ignorable. Moreover flawlessness of the result also depends to some extent on skill and sense of aesthetics of a dentist.
You can snap on your removable veneers as and when necessary. In other words this range of veneers is an easy and alternate solution to the two other varieties that are mentioned above. You have to attend a job interview or go on a date? Snap on your removable veneers top boost your self confidence.
Reasons why removable veneers are popular
There are several reasons that make the range of veneers so popular. The reasons include the following –
- Removable veneers are a totally painless means to improve your smile.
- You can easily wear it on and remove it as and when required without any help of anyone including your dentist.
- Removable veneers are a great solution to mask your yellowish, discoloured teeth. Moreover it also easily covers up your chipped tooth. it even hides the empty socket on your jaw caused by your missing tooth.
- As far as dental veneers price is concerned the removable variety is pretty reasonable. You easily get perfectly fitting removable veneers for the top set of teeth in your mouth hardly at £350 from your dentist. For both the sets you have to pay around £400 to £450.
- To install your removable veneers there is no need to compromise with the natural structure of your teeth.
- You can use your removable veneers as you like.
However it is important to mention that the range of veneers requires regular cleaning as well as care.
Veneers for the teeth are a cosmetic dentistry solution. But these solutions are not sufficient to make your smile perfect explains a dentist working at the renowned Thousand Smiles dental practice. In case you suffer from issues like swollen gums, crooked or misaligned teeth, cavities in multiple teeth and others it is better to consult your dentist before getting veneers for your teeth. It is relevant to note that veneers treatment is not capable to reverse the damage caused by the dental conditions mentioned above.
Are dental veneers available on the NHS
Under usual circumstances it is not possible to get dental veneers on the NHS. Actually the NHS does not cover anything that is considered as a part of cosmetic dentistry work. However on rare occasions in cases where veneers are considered a medical necessity and not for cosmetic enhancement of the teeth or the smile the NHS provides dental veneers to patients.
Cost of dental veneers
A dentist who charges reasonable cost for veneers in London says there are a lot of factors that affect the price of dental veneers. The factors include the following –
- The type of veneer material you prefer
- The number of veneers placed
- The location of a dental practice
- The qualifications and experience of the concerned dentist
On an average the cost of dental veneers in the UK is within the range of £500 to £1,000 per tooth. In fact the range of price varies widely; it can be as reasonable as £100 to as costly as £2,000 a tooth.
In order to get more accurate estimation of the cost it is important that you discuss with your dentist or orthodontist. These days a lot of dental practices offer financing option on veneers treatment. This brings the cost more within one’s limits.
The cost of composite veneers in London comes within the range of £100 to £400 per tooth whereas porcelain veneers are little costly. Porcelain veneers cost around £400 to £1,000.
Read More About: Portable Steam Sauna