The world we are living in today is simply unsecure. That is why security happens to be one of the most important aspects in access control systems. There were days, not long ago, when a simple lock and a key were sufficient to safeguard your property or belongings. Access control systems are one essential amenity in this ongoing digital age that attracts high quality tenants. Moreover with innovative access control it is both easy and possible remotely managing multiple buildings.
Access control systems that have evolved in the recent times can offer much more than mere physical security. These technology-driven systems provide ease of use, undeniable efficiency and peace of mind to both property managers and tenants alike.
Evolution of modern access control systems
The traditional combination of a lock and a key is the crudest form of access control. The mechanism has two major loopholes – you may lose the key one day suddenly and unauthorised people can prepare duplicate keys to your lock and get easy access into your property.
Keypad access was a step up in security. It requires a code to unlock your door. But still this mechanism is susceptible to vulnerability. Your access code may get shared with unauthorised individuals. Even a miscreant may steal your access code.
Access control systems using cards and fobs offer greater security than a keypad. How? A professional with years of experience in installing door access systems explains a physical token can be easily deactivated when it gets lost or stolen. However still it is possible for physical tokens to get misplaced or shared with unauthorised users.
Biometrics, smartphones and face unlock
The latest evolution in access control technology ensures greater convenience, flexibility and security. These systems allow users access facilities, spaces or buildings through their smartphones, fingerprint scanning or face recognition. In other words this makes unauthorised access into those spaces, buildings or facilities harder.
As you set out on a journey of upgrading the access control system within your commercial property it is important to keep one thing in mind. If you can go beyond the basic security measures your tenants will be massively satisfied. In fact this can open the untapped doors of better property management.
Different types of commercial door access control systems
There is a wide variety of products under the category of commercial access control system. These products vary in shape, size, features and functionalities. In fact it is possible to tailor different features and functionalities to meet specific needs of clients. These days there are even cloud based access control systems that are easily available. What are the differences between conventional on-premise access control system and its cloud based counterpart? Let us find that out in the following section.
Cloud based versus on-premise access control systems
Cloud based system are comparatively new range of products in the market. These systems are steadily gaining popularity in the recent times. Access control systems that are based on cloud technology store both the data and management tools online. As a result the range of products has remote access, easier scalability and most importantly much lower upfront cost compared to the on-premises systems. Moreover with cloud based systems it is possible to roll our security patches and updates automatically. Because of all these factors the range of access control products ensures unparalleled security measures.
A professional with years of experience in installing key card door entry systems says as far as on-premise access control systems are concerned, they have both their servers and hardware located within the building. Usually you need dedicated IT staff to manage and maintain these systems. Because of this reason these systems have a higher upfront cost compared to the cloud based systems. On the positive side, these on-premise systems allow you greater control over the aspect of data security.
Different methods of access
- Fob – This is a tiny device that remains attached to keychain. The device is durable and is guaranteed to last for years together. The device communicates with access control within close periphery using the RFID technology.
- Card – Plastic cards having embedded chips or magnetic stripes ensure secure access. The cards have to be swiped or tapped on a reader.
- Biometric – accurate identification of users is done using fingerprint scanner or any other biometric device. User identification in these systems is done by analysing unique physical characteristic of an individual.
- Face unlock – combined use of camera and facial recognition software enable this range of systems to authenticate users. Unique facial features of a user are the key for authentication.
- Mobile – there are apps on smartphones that allow users unlock doors. These apps work through Bluetooth or NFC technology. As such there is no need for using any physical token.
Choosing the right product in the given category is never easy. A trained and skilled key card entry system installer has something to suggest in this regard. According to him in order to choose an appropriate commercial access control solution one must consider two things –
- The needs or requirements of the business and
- Affordability of budget
Do some research beforehand and try to collect as much information as possible. These will help you take an informed and safe decision.
Cloud based access control system – the advantages it offers
Commercial access control systems that are based on the cloud technology are steadily rising in popularity. This proves those system offer some incredible benefits over other options. Some of the major advantages that cloud based and mobile access control systems offer include the following –
- Remote management
- It is possible to manage the access control system from any device that has an Internet connection.
- The overall process is quite efficient. There is no need of on-site visits any more.
Multi site capability
- Streamlined control as well as streamlined monitoring to provide improved synchronisation.
- It is possible to manage multiple locations from a single platform. This caters to the requirements of businesses that have multiple branches or properties.
Instant grant or revoke access for users
- Skilled door entry system installation experts point out something interesting in the given context. According them the system grants or revokes access for users very fast. You can even make the changes while you are away from the site.
- The changes made to the system regard grant or revoke of user access takes effect instantly with zero downtime. Thus your property stays secure all the time.
Contact Commercial Electricians for door Entry System setup in London and Surrounding areas.
Read More About: Sofa Cleaning Easier